We are excited that you are considering Veritas School for your family! You will find the information that you need to apply to Veritas here. If you have any questions, please contact us.
October 1 | 2020-21 Applications Open Online
October 23 | Kindergarten and JK Open House | 9:30 a.m.
October 29 | Grades 1-12 Open House | 9:30 a.m.
January 11 | Admissions Assessments for Grades 1-12
January 14 / 16 | Kindergarten Assessments
January 28 | Junior Kindergarten Assessments
February 21 | Kindergarten 1st Round Letters of Acceptance Mailed
February / March | Student Visits and Interviews for Grades 6-12 (by invitation only, following application and assessment)
March 1 | JK First Round Letters of Acceptance Mailed
March 5 | Kindergarten Enrollment Deadline (First Round)
March 15 | JK Enrollment Deadline (First Round)
March 15 – 20 |Grades 1 – 12 First Round Letters of Acceptance Mailed
Veritas School accepts applications throughout the year. Official enrollment season for the upcoming school year begins October 1. You may enter the application process earlier by completing the Early Reservation Form. This places your child in the wait pool for future school years.
To enter the process, simply submit a completed application with fee. You will receive a letter of confirmation and a phone call to schedule a student assessment. Each applicant is assessed by a teacher for the appropriate grade level looking specifically at math, reading, writing, and grammar. Rising Junior Kindergarten students must turn 4 by September 1; rising Kindergarten students must turn 5 by September 1 of their starting year of kindergarten.
Student recommendation forms must be submitted before the family interview. These recommendation letters give Veritas a more complete picture of each prospective student and how they interact with their peers in a classroom environment. The family interview is the final step in the application process. This is an opportunity for parents to meet with a school administrator to learn more about Veritas School and allow us to learn more about your family.
Forms, Records, and Fees
- Application for Admissions
- $100 application fee
- Transcript Request Form – for transferring students only
- A copy of all previous and current report cards – for transferring students only
- Copies of all standardized test results – for students in grades 3-12
- (2) Student Recommendation Forms – these forms should be sent directly to Veritas School by the person making the recommendation. Student Recommendation Form For Junior Kindergarten Student Recommendation Form – Kindergarten Student Recommendation Form – Grades 1-12
- $125 testing fee for applicants in grades 5-12 paid directly to ISEE. An invitation with the registration link will be sent by the Veritas Admissions Office.
Testing and Interviews
- Student Assessment
- Student Shadow Day and Interview (Grades 6 and above)
- Parent Interview
- Return Enrollment Contract with deposit by the date stated on the Acceptance Letter.
- State of Virginia School Entrance Health Form completed and returned by August 1st.
- Photocopy of birth certificate for Junior Kindergarten, kindergarten and 1st grade applicants.
Application for Admissions (apply online above)
Early Reservation Form – Join the wait pool for 2021-22 and beyond!
Early Reservation Form
Completion of this form places your child in the applicant pool for the school year and grade level designated. You will be notified of form receipt and next steps by the admissions office. Age requirements for acceptance into kindergarten and first grade are as follows:
- Junior Kindergarten: Child must be 4 by September 1 of the year he/she begins class.
- Kindergarten: Child must be 5 by September 1 of the year he/she begins class.
- First Grade: Child must be 6 by September 1 of the year he/she begins class.
An early reservation fee of $50 must be submitted to the Veritas School office in order to be officially placed on the applicant list.