You’ll find the information you need to apply to Veritas here. If you have any questions, please contact us.
Veritas School accepts applications throughout the year. Official enrollment season for the upcoming school year begins October 1. You may enter the application process earlier by completing the Early Reservation Form. This places your child in the wait pool for future school years.
To enter the process, simply submit a completed application with fee. You will receive a letter of confirmation and a phone call to schedule a student assessment. Each applicant is assessed by a teacher for the appropriate grade level looking specifically at math, reading, writing, and grammar. Rising kindergarten students must turn 5 by September 1 of their starting year of kindergarten.
Student recommendation forms must be submitted before the family interview. These recommendation letters give Veritas a more complete picture of each prospective student and how they interact with their peers in a classroom environment. The family interview is the final step in the application process. This is an opportunity for parents to meet with a school administrator to learn more about Veritas School and allow us to learn more about your family.
The checklist below explains the specific steps from application to enrollment.
Please use this checklist to track the application process for each child applying:
Forms, Records, and Fees
- Application for Admissions
- $100 application fee
- Transcript Request Form – for transferring students only
- A copy of all previous and current report cards – for transferring students only
- Copies of all standardized test results – for students in grades 3-12
- (2) Student Recommendation Forms – these forms should be sent directly to Veritas School by the person making the recommendation. Student Recommendation Form For K4 Student Recommendation Form – Kindergarten Student Recommendation Form – Grades 1-12
- $105 testing fee for applicants in grades 5-12 paid directly to ISEE. An invitation with the registration link will be sent by the Veritas Admissions Office.
- “Wisdom and Eloquence” by Littlejohn and Evans – first 4 chapters and Appendix A and B
- Review the most current version of the 2015-2016 Veritas Standard Parent Handbook
- Statement of Faith and Core Beliefs
Testing and Interviews
- Student Assessment
- Student Shadow Day and Interview (Grades 6 and above)
- Parent Interview
- Return Enrollment Contract with deposit by the date stated on the Acceptance Letter.
- State of Virginia School Entrance Health Form completed and returned by August 1st.
- Photocopy of birth certificate for K4, kindergarten and 1st grade applicants.
Application for Admissions (apply online above)
Early Reservation Form – Join the wait pool for 2018-19 and beyond!
Completion of this form places your child in the applicant pool for the school year and grade level designated. You will be notified of form receipt and next steps by the admissions office. Age requirements for acceptance into kindergarten and first grade are as follows:
K4: Child must be 4 by September 1 of the year he/she begins class.
Kindergarten: Child must be 5 by September 1 of the year he/she begins class.
First Grade: Child must be 6 by September 1 of the year he/she begins class.
An early reservation fee of $50 must be submitted to the Veritas School office in order to be officially placed on the applicant list.