We count it a tremendous privilege to work alongside parents to help students learn, grow, and flourish. This work goes far beyond simply imparting knowledge and grading tests. Our faculty members and staff deeply invest in the lives of their students, partnering with families to nurture the seeds of wisdom and faith that will help them bear fruit long after they leave Veritas.
This is a calling and a commitment. If you’re interested in learning more, view our open positions below or contact us at email@example.com.
After thorough review of the Veritas website, interested and qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, employment application (below) and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SUMMER CAMP DIRECTOR
This part time staff member works December through August, with varying hours each month. He/she can work flexible hours December – May but should plan to be on campus from 8:30 am – 12:30 pm each week that camp is in session, June – August. An approximate total of 250 hours is expected per year.
POSITION DUTIES: The Summer Camp Director schedules, coordinates, and provides oversight for all camps. The director has the discretion to repeat (or discontinue) camps from previous summers and to oversee the creation of new camps, based on faculty and parent interest.
Primary areas of concentration include:
Registration: creating courses and classes in Renweb and opening course requests in ParentsWeb
- Fees/billing/contracts/ordering: working with the Business Office to set camp fees and to process teacher contracts, teacher payment, student billing, and supply ordering
- Scheduling: managing the Summer Camps calendar and coordinating facility use and cleaning
- Promotion: releasing information in the Lion’s Roar at appropriate times; working with Paula Gibbs to create brochures and promotional material for classes and related activities
- Communication: providing email confirmations and reminders to parents, answering questions and returning phone calls
- Oversight: is personally present on campus during camps and acts as back-up for instructor absences, discipline situations, and minor emergencies
- Management: managing student employees and providing them with clear guidelines and expectations
To apply for faculty and staff positions, please submit a cover letter, resume, and Veritas employment application to email@example.com.
Resources that interested candidates may find helpful before applying:
Videos and information embedded on the home page of the Veritas School website
Shepherding a Child’s Heart by Ted Tripp